What exactly is crisis contraception?
For instance, a condom has split or perhaps you’ve missed a supplement.
There’s two kinds:
- the crisis contraceptive product (often called the after pill morning)
- the IUD (intrauterine unit, or coil)
There’s two forms of crisis contraceptive tablet. Levonelle needs to be studied within 72 hours (3 days) of intercourse, and ellaOne has got to be used within 120 hours (five times) of intercourse. Both pills work by preventing or ovulation that is delayinglaunch of an egg). Emergency contraception is most beneficial taken as quickly as possible to be effective.
The IUD could be placed into the uterus as much as five times after unsafe sex, or up to five times following the earliest time you can have ovulated. It might stop an egg from being fertilised or implanting in your womb.
Crisis contraception will not sexually protect against sent infections (STIs).
Crisis contraception self-help gu > Find away more info on ways to get emergency contraception and where you’ll get it.
At a look : details about crisis contraception
- Both forms of crisis contraception work well at preventing maternity if they’re utilized right after unsafe sex. Lower than 1% of females whom utilize the IUD have a baby, whereas pregnancies following the crisis contraceptive supplement are much less uncommon. It’s thought that ellaOne works more effectively than Levonelle.
- The earlier you are taking Levonelle or ellaOne, the greater amount of effective it shall be.
- Levonelle or ellaOne could make you’re feeling unwell, dizzy or tired, or offer you a frustration, tender breasts or pain that is abdominal.
- Levonelle or ellaOne will make your duration earlier in the day or later than usual.
- As you will need to take another dose or have an IUD fitted if you’re sick (vomit) within two hours of taking Levonelle, or three hours of taking ellaOne, seek medical advice.
- If you are using the IUD as crisis contraception, it could be kept in as the regular contraceptive technique.
- By using the IUD as a normal approach to contraception, it could make your durations much longer, heavier or higher painful.
- You might feel some discomfort if the IUD is place in – painkillers can help alleviate this.
- There aren’t any s that are serious< Continue reading “Crisis contraception can prevent maternity after non-safe sex or if your contraceptive method has unsuccessful”